It is difficult for a person with Erectile Dysfunction to erect. This article discusses many causes, symptoms, and treatment options.
Table Of Content
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction or ED occurs in men. It is a condition where men cannot attain a satisfactory erection for a prolonged period. There can be many reasons behind ED, but age is ascribed as one of the most frequent reasons men have erectile dysfunction. However, it isn’t the only reason. There can be many others that we have discussed in this article. Keep reading to explore them.
Erectile dysfunction (or ED) is common in men of all ages. At some point, most men will experience ED to some degree. Studies suggest that about 52% of men aged 40 to 60 years face problems getting an erection. Cenforce 100 and Cenforce 200 both help in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
At What Age Does Erectile Dysfunction Start?
Men can get erectile dysfunction at any age. However, the statistics vary. Below 1% of men report ED below the age of 30 years. About 3% of men face some degree of erectile dysfunction between 30 to 40. The statistics jump over threefold with men above 50 and over 34% of males between 60 to 69 years who have ED.
The above statistics are based on various studies. The number can be higher as many men often do not consult doctors regarding ED as they find it embarrassing. However, talking about sexual problems is becoming less taboo with the days passing.
How does Aging Affect Erectile Dysfunction?
Although a majority of persons affected by ED are in the older strata of men, it does not mean that all elderly men have erectile dysfunction. Some men have no problem achieving an erection even in their 90s.
The main reason why older men have ED is because of the blockage of cells placed on the penis. To get an erection, the penis needs enough blood, as the cells of some older men are blocked, and they don’t get erections. Another reason is that in older men, the arteries are hard, which obstructs the blood flow into the penis.
Erections are also associated with nerves. If you have nerve damage for some reason, you are likely to have ED. As the nerves are damaged, it interferes with how your nerves carry the signals to your body parts.
A man’s inability to sustain a sufficient erection to satisfy the requirements of sexual activity. “A treatment proven safe for erectile dysfunction“
Reasons for Erectile Dysfunction
- Old age
- Side effects of drugs
- Sexual fears
- No sexual stimulation
- Poor diet
- Stressful lifestyle
Signs of Erectile Dysfunction
You can seek help from a doctor if you notice the following signs that are associated with ED:
- You aren’t able to get an erection no matter what
- You get an erection sometimes
- You can’t keep your erection long enough
- You lose interest in sex
If you have noticed some or all of the above mentioned signs, you need your case diagnosed.
- Physical check-up: This includes a thorough check-up of your penis and testicles
- Blood and Urine tests: These tests will tell whether you have any heart conditions or low testosterone levels.
- Psychological Exam: This test will determine whether the underlying cause of the ED is related to anxiety, sexual tension, depression, or trauma.
- Ultrasound: This would help in imaging where exactly the obstruction in blood flow to your penis flow.
Medical Issues That Amplify Erectile Dysfunction
Although older age in men is one of the most common factors contributing to the onset of ED, however, that is not all.
As diabetes affects the nerves adversely, it also affects the quality of your erection. Most people with diabetes have ED. Diabetes damages the nerves, and as a result, the nerves that are responsible for carrying signals to your vital organ don’t function properly.
If you have any chronic disease, it is going to have an impact on your sexual life. Conditions like hypertension, very low blood pressure (hypotension), and cancer will cause less sexual urge in men, causing ED.
Different Types of Physiological Factors
Certain physiological factors come into play as well. For instance, if you are obese, your sexual life will suffer. Your BMI, metabolism, digestion, and other things affect the level and quality of your erections.
Certain medications can have an impact on your erections. If you are under any of the below-mentioned medicines, then chances are, one of the primary reasons for your ED is the side effects of these medicines:
Sexual erection is not solely based on physical factors. Your mind plays a vital role in giving you an erection. There are certain psychological factors that we can’t deny are essential for a man to achieve an erection:
- Depression: depression takes away the desire to do anything. If a person is depressed, he will have difficulty achieving an erection.
- Sexual anxiety: Also known as performance anxiety, a man can face a lack of erection under stress as he is afraid of how his partner will perceive his sexual skills.
- No sexual stimulation: Achieving an erection depends on the sexual stimulation a man receives. Some men largely depend on stimulation to achieve an erection. If a man is not achieving any sexual stimulation, his mind will not send the necessary signals.
- Emotional stress: Sexual inactivity or lack of erection also can manifest if a man is going through stress. If a man is anxious, it can affect his sexual life.
If a man has erectile dysfunction solely for emotional reasons, he can easily regain his healthy sexual life once those reasons go away.
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Note that these medicines do not reverse the condition. This means that getting an erection will be subject to taking these medicines unless you resolve the underlying physiological issues that are causing the ED.
However, taking drugs like Sildenafil, Tadalafil, etc., is deemed completely safe. It works for most men without any side effects. But there are rare instances of side effects as well.